Have you ever been approached by the police while taking photos at night? I was walking around the east side of the river last weekend after dusk enjoying some coffee and taking some photos. As I was setting up a shot on the train tracks, a police cruiser slowly crossed my line of sight one block over. They shined their spotlight on me for a while and then moved on. I didn't think much of it and commenced setting up my tripod, and in a few minutes they were behind me. Apparently someone had reported a man carrying a shotgun around in the area, and they suspected someone had mistook my tripod for a shotgun. The exchange was pleasant and they went on about their way. It did make me consider how a tripod over the shoulder might look to people, though!
I ended up at the East Bank Esplanade (as I usually do) to look at the skyline. This scene of the Morrison Bridge caught my eye. The lights on the bridge were actually fading between red and green for the holidays, but my exposure was long enough that it just ended up light greenish. I didn't notice the airplane until later, but I kind of like it there.
|
|
Morrison Bridge
Posted by
Unknown
on Jan 11, 2013
Post a Comment